Updated: 15 June 2015
The LIKEMAP is strongly committed to protecting your privacy when you interact with us, our content, products and services.
Our goal is to provide you and your family with media experiences that inform, entertain and educate. Sometimes this means that we use information that you provide to us about yourself to customise that experience. We do this to improve your enjoyment of our products and services. In providing our services to you, the LIKEMAP will be transparent about how and why we collect and use your information. In some cases, if you do not want us to collect or use your information in a particular way, then we will give you the opportunity to say so.
- the kind of information the LIKEMAP may collect about you, how we collect it, and how we use it
- how we may disclose that information
- how you can access the information we hold about you
- when we may use your information to contact you
- the protection of your personal information
- additional steps to protect young people
- how and why we collect and use additional information when you visit LIKEMAP .
This policy applies only to LIKEMAP. It does not apply to any other company or organisation, including those whose digital services have links to LIKEMAP content or services. Third party services which have links to LIKEMAP content or services will govern the use of personal information you submit to them, which may also be collected by cookies when you visit or use them. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party digital services.
LIKEMAP will review this policy regularly, and may update it from time to time. If we make changes, we will post those changes on the privacy page of the LIKEMAP’s website.
- Collection and use of personal information
2.1 Why we collect personal information
The LIKEMAP collects personal information about you:
- because you have provided it to us, for instance if you contact us to make comments, complaints or to ask us questions, or you have interacted with one of our digital services (including online and mobile services), for instance by participating in forums, polls or competitions;
- because we need it to provide a product or service that you have requested, for instance, if you subscribe to an email list or loyalty program, enter a competition, or purchase products from LIKEMAP;
- because you work for us, or apply to us for a job, a cadetship or work experience;
- for purposes directly related to any of the above.
2.2 How we collect information when you use a digital service (including online and mobile services)
Broadly, there are two types of information or data we collect:
Information that you specifically give us
For example, you may provide information about yourself when you are filling in a form or when you sign up to a service. This type of information may include your name, email address and age. The information that you give us may be:
- Personal information that is required.In some instances, you must provide personal information if you wish to use a particular service or participate in an activity. For example, your age may be required if we need to confirm that you are old enough to use a particular service.
- Personal information that is optional.You may choose to provide some personal information which is not required but is directly related to LIKEMAP’s functions or activities. Usually this type of information will enable LIKEMAP to improve or broaden the services we can offer you. If you choose not to provide this optional information, we would still be able to offer you the service, but perhaps with fewer options than if you had provided the optional information. For example, if you tell us your interests in a particular area, we may be able to provide you with specific LIKEMAP content that matches your interests. If you provide us with unsolicited information that we do not require or which is not directly related to LIKEMAP’s functions or activities, LIKEMAP may be required to destroy or de-identify that information, provided it is lawful and reasonable to do so.
- Sometimes you will be asked to confirm that you agree to a particular activity. For example, you may need to expressly agree that you would like to receive a newsletter or to confirm that you agree to the terms and conditions of a competition.
You may be able to make changes to the information you provided us (for example, if you change your email address) or withdraw the permission you gave us for a particular service. We will make it clear how you do that.
Data we collect that tracks your activity
LIKEMAP automatically gathers information to monitor the use of its digital services (including online and mobile services), like the numbers and frequency of visitors to LIKEMAP websites.
This information helps us improve our services by learning what our audiences use and don’t use. It can also help us identify if there are any problems with our services that need fixing.
Most of the data we collect is aggregated, and this information is effectively anonymous to us.
In some cases we may collect data that can be linked to you individually. For example, when you log in to LIKEMAP digital service as a registered user, we may store records of information such as, the pages you viewed or links you click on. Similarly, if you use our email newsletters we may collect data about the mailings you open and the links you click on from that newsletter.
As well as helping to improve our services, we may use this data to provide recommendations that you might find helpful based on your activity. In some cases, a digital profile may be formed based on your activity. We do this in order to improve your experience (for instance, because some services may allow you to build a profile which earns different privileges); or to improve our ability to provide a service (for instance, because our decisions about moderation of content may need to have regard to your profile).
Though surveys usually collect aggregate data, we will make it clear to you if any survey information is being collected in a way that could personally identify you.
- Disclosure of personal information
3.1 Disclosure of personal information to third parties
LIKEMAP may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- to provide the service you wish to use;
- for research purposes relating to the performance, quality, maintenance and improvement of the LIKEMAP’s services and products;
- to customise and promote LIKEMAP services which may be of interest to you;
- to provide technical support to you to use LIKEMAP’s services;
- if permitted or required by law; or
- otherwise with your consent.
LIKEMAP is assisted by a variety of third parties to deliver the services offered by LIKEMAP. These third parties are too numerous to list, and they change from time to time. Some examples of the types of third parties include:
- technology service providers including:
- Internet service providers such as Akamai
- App service providers such as Wildfire
- cloud service providers such as Engine Yard and Amazon Web Services
- LIKEMAP Shop fulfilment partners such as Australia Post
- Promotion or marketing service providers such as Mindbox and Double Click
- Subscription service providers and their mailing houses.
In many cases, LIKEMAP imposes contractual restrictions equivalent to those imposed on LIKEMAP under the Privacy Act in respect of collection and use of personal information by those third parties. In some cases, such as social media networks, LIKEMAP’s ability to impose contractual restrictions is limited. In those circumstances, LIKEMAP will carefully consider the risks to the protection of personal information when entering into arrangements with third parties.
These third parties may be located in Australia or overseas locations, including but not limited to Singapore and the USA.
LIKEMAP may disclose your personal information (excluding sensitive information about you) to third parties for the purposes of direct marketing the LIKEMAP’s services. LIKEMAP will obtain your specific consent to disclose sensitive information for the purposes of direct marketing LIKEMAP’s services. You will be able to opt-out of direct marketing at any time if you so choose.
Under no circumstances will the LIKEMAP sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information.
3.2 Information that you disclose publicly
LIKEMAP provides content and services on iOS devices
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any personal information. Be responsible whenever you are online or using a digital service.
- Accessing your personal information
You have the right to request access to personal information that is held by the LIKEMAP about you. Requests for access will be dealt with by the LIKEMAP in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982.
You also have the right to request the correction of any of your personal information that LIKEMAP holds. LIKEMAP will take reasonable steps to make appropriate corrections to personal information so that it is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To seek access to, or correction of, your personal information please contact LIKEMAP as follows:
LIKEMAP Privacy Contact Officer
C/O Watson Erskine GPO Box 2003 Sydney NSW 2001 Australia
- Use of your personal information to contact you
We will never knowingly send you unsolicited commercial electronic messages.
- Protection of your personal information
LIKEMAP will take all reasonable and practicable steps to ensure that your personal information is properly protected from misuse or loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
At the same time, we are committed to providing innovative and interactive experiences, and to being available to audiences on multiple platforms. Some of those platforms are not operated or controlled by LIKEMAP, and our ability to protect your personal information is limited.
We encourage you to be vigilant about the protection of your own personal information when using third party digital services (such as social media platforms). As far as reasonably practicable, we will make sure that our relationships with those third parties include appropriate protection of your privacy.
- Collecting information about you
We collect personal information about you:
- to manage and deliver orders that you make now and in the future
- so we have a record of your order should you wish to return or exchange an item at a later date
- to contact you with offers specific to your order
- if you send us a query
- if you subscribe to an email list
- with your permission, to advise you of LIKEMAP’s special promotions
- as part of an entry to a competition or product review
- as part of our customer database
- for statistical and research purposes
- for purposes directly related to all of the above.
LIKEMAP automatically collects general website traffic information (such as how many people have visited the site, most popular pages etc). This information is collated into aggregate results in order to evaluate our service and business practice in an effort to provide you with an optimum shopping service.
7.1 Disclosure of information
We may share non-personal, aggregated information with other LIKEMAP Divisions, our partners and product distributors for research purposes. We never identify or disclose individual customers or visitors’ information or purchases but we may disclose how many customers bought a specific item or used a specific service.
We may disclose personal information to third parties as set out above.
7.2 Access to your personal information
Personal information that you have provided to LIKEMAP (such as your name, invoice and delivery addresses, phone number, or email address) is accessible by registering with LIKEMAP . By registering with LIKEMAP you will need to retain a username and password. The LIKEMAP recommends that you update your personal information if your details change so that our records are accurate, complete and up-to-date.
7.3 Credit card information
Crucially, your credit card details are only stored and transmitted in encrypted form. Unencrypted credit card information is NOT stored on our internet servers. Online credit card payments are currently processed using a third party payment gateway service run by Direct Payment Solutions LTD (DPS). DPS provides a PCI-DSS (plastic card industry data security scheme) compliant payment gateway service to the LIKEMAP Shop that is used to securely process customer payments. Credit card information is never stored in a cookie.
If you use your credit card and the transaction is manual rather than electronic, the imprinted record will be stored by the LIKEMAP Shop for the period that financial records are required to be retained.
8. Privacy complaints and enquries
The LIKEMAP welcomes feedback about privacy issues and will attend to all questions and complaints promptly.
You can contact the LIKEMAP about any privacy issues as follows:
LIKEMAP Privacy Contact Officer
C/O Watson Erskine GPO Box 2003 Sydney NSW 2001 Australia
If the LIKEMAP takes more than 30 days to respond to your privacy complaint, or if you are dissatisfied with the outcome, you can make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner. The OAIC can be contacted on 1300 363 992 or at www.oaic.gov.au